Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A new day, a new freak out (8dpt)

So, here is a recap of my past 24 hours. DS got kicked in the ankle at soccer practice, we spent 3 hours in the pediatric urgent care, didn't get home until 11pm. I had to teach a class today, so there was no way I could call off work. Sent DS to my SIL this morning. Got up early to go to work, took pee test(from the dollar tree), couldn't see a line. Decided to stop by walmart, just to pick up a more expensive brand, so that may give me what I want to see. Locked my keys in my car at walmart, at 0615 am. Had to call my husband, wake him up to come unlock me. Took new test, also negative. However, as the day has went on, a very, very, faint line appeared. Tried to take a picture of it and other sticks. Line is too faint to show up in pictures. But here is one from this morning anyway?

So, what does this mean? I pray that it does not mean a nonviable pregnancy, but that is what I fear it means all at the same time. My beta is in the am. However, if anyone has any stories to tell of extremely faint positives at CD 28, 8dp6dt I could really use some encouragement right now.
Thanks for everyones well wishes.

3 comments:

Miss Conception said...

I definitely see something there. However, they say that you can't rely on tests after a certain amount of time has passed (evaporation lines). Tomorrow, you will have a better idea of just how high your beta is and where you go from there. I will be thinking about you and hoping for amazing results. You are going early, so don't be scared if it is low. My beta wasn't until 12dp5dt and it was 271. So, at 9dp5dt it probably would have been around 100 or so on 9dp5dt.
Let us know as soon as you find out!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry about it. (Although I know that's easier said than done.) You got a positive yesterday, and you did maybe see a faint line today. This morning's first test might have just not been a good test. That happens...and may be even more likely to happen with the cheap tests. And the other test you took later in the day wasn't FMU, so you wouldn't expect a big, bold line. (At this point, it's still so early that you wouldn't expect a really bold line anyway.) Even if this morning's test wasn't faulty, it could be affected by things like whether or not you drank a lot before bed, therefore making your urine more diluted, or went in the middle of the night, and messed up the hcg concentration. At a later stage, those things wouldn't make much of a difference, but right now you're looking for such small amounts of hormones. I'm going to keep praying hard for you, and I know you're doing the same. Let us know as soon as you know your beta results.

twondra said...

I got your link from Miss Conception. I just wanted to come over and wish you good luck!