Thursday, June 7, 2007

Had a great vacation which I guess was the universe's way of easing me into what came next.
I had my surgery on Tuesday. And it turned out to be nothing but an exploratory lap. I had adhesions pulling my bowel to my abdominal wall. Then, when he got down to the ovary, it was wrapped up in small bowel. So, they just closed me up and woke me up.
They have rescheduled my surgery for July 17th so that an gyn oncologist can be there to disect the bowel from ovary so that my doctor can remove the cysts.
I'm petty sore still but I finally feel awake. Yesterday, as soon as I would sit down or lay on the couch, I would be asleep. I'm just taking motrin for the pain and it seems to be relieving enough of the pain.
Here's a picture of my insides, the doctor gave it to my husband so I didn't get an explanation of what it was but I think it's my ovary and small bowel.


Here's a few pictures of vacation:









1 comment:

Jen, Rich & Joey said...

Those pics are amazing, even the ones of your insides. I've had a exploritory lap & hysteroscopy done Oct'06 and wished my Dr. would've given or even shown me some pics of what was going on in my insides. I don't know why I'd wanna see them, but it would at least let me know she actually DID do the surgery and I'm not just sporting a bikini line scar for nothing.

Life has delt some crappy hands, but know that you are not alone. The world of infertility is a big one, but with lots of prayers & God's will you WILL beat it. Don't give up.

-Jennie