Saturday, June 9, 2007

Day 4 Post-op

My incision is healing nicely although today it has started to have that awful itching/burning feeling as it heals. I also continue to be quite sore and I can't wear non elastic pants.

I plan on spending my weekend as quietly and peacefully as possible, but we are going to go to the store this afternoon and get my husband a new grill for Father's Day. Our current one is going on 7 years old and is quite nasty. Does anyone have any tips on how to keep the new one sparkling clean?

I spoke with one of the OB-GYN docs yesterday at work (yes, I went back to work yesterday) and asked his advice. Of course, this is the one doctor out of 10 whose opinion I value least, but he cautioned me against having this other surgery. He said he knows of no technique out there that has worked to put the bowel back where it should be and keep it there. Apparently, it tends to migrate back out of place and stick to things it shouldn't. And every surgery will bring new adhesions to muck things up and cause more pain. Appealing words of wisdom huh? But, I try not to put too much thought into his words because.... A. It wasn't the answers and advice I was looking for and B. He's a shmuck. :)
I need to talk further with my doc, and I would love to talk with the oncologist as well. So, Monday I will make phone calls, but I think my repro guy might be on vacation next week. The nerve of the man to not be at my beck and call 24/7.

1 comment:

Jen, Rich & Joey said...

Oh yeah, I remember the feeling of my lap incision healing. It made me want to scratch with steel wool, I didn't of course, but I sure wanted to!

Sorry the schmuck ob/gyn couldn't muster up a few encouraging words... Sheesh, it wouldn't hurt to be nice, or at least hopeful. I hope you get more encouraging words today from your Dr.

We need a new gas grill too, ours is on its last leg. But I think we'll just add it to the list of things we'll get, "after the baby is here." Those famous words. We are planning on building the world, "after the baby is here." lol.

Tip: As for keepin the inside clean, I know not all grills have it, but ours has a drip pan under the burners. Well to help with the clean up, we always line the pan with foil so when we're done cookin on it, we can toss out the foil.