Friday, May 25, 2007

Thank God for vacations

I had my pre-op appt. yesterday. The nurse who drew my blood left a HUGE bruise on my arm (not a reassuring start). I signed my consent and we talked more about what would happen. He also promised that if he has to do the open surgery, that he would cut out my old scar so I wouldn't have this pucker on the left side anymore (whoo hoo!). Not that anyone ever sees it but me and my poor husband maybe once every couple weeks, but it's the little things that count.
Speaking of my poor husband, I have had so much pelvic pain and bleeding this past six weeks that our bedroom time has been severely limited. He's been a little more grouchy, but all in all, I'm really proud of him! He's been taking this very well.
We leave for Orlando on Monday. I haven't been this excited about something in a long time. It's going to be a very exhausting week, but since my surgery is two days after we come home, I'm sure I will have plenty of time to rest after my surgery :)
My baby brother graduates high school on Sunday and I am so thankful. There were several times during the past couple of years that I really worried he wouldn't make it. He's so smart and such a hard worker, but he hangs out with the wrong kids and gets himself in bad situations. Now, I just have to worry about getting hime through college!
I'll post pictures when we get home.

No comments: