Monday, April 23, 2007

My Surgery is Scheduled

After 10 days of talks, missed phone calls and frustration at crappy office staff, my surgery is scheduled for June 5th, exactly 2 days after we get home from vacation. I'm feeling REALLY nervous about it. The past 4 or 5 day, I haven't had any pain and my pants fit fine again, so I ask myself why I am having the surgery. But, I guess at this point, it is the only option for moving forward.
Mr. R and I had a very awkward encounter with TR's soccer coach over the weekend. After practice, all the families went to a local pizza joint to hang out and get to know each other. The coach was talking about they are pregnant with their fifth and due this August. Around that time, TR came over to get more quarters for video games. Mr. R. made a joke that we could only afford one child. The soccer coach proceeded to tell us that the best thing for their first born daughter was their second born and how it really taught her to be less selfish. It made feel like he thought we weren't have more children by choice, so I found myself blurting out "Actually, I have health problems that have kept us from having anymore." Then, I felt like an idiot because there was all this silence at the table before someone awkwardly changed the subject. I never know how to deal with the question "Is TR your only child?". Infertility has definitely made me more aware of what I say to others.

1 comment:

Smiling said...

Hiya, I just discovered your blog this morning... when I saw the title I just had to click, because as life would have it I too know about menopause in my twenties.

I actually really liked your comment. Not too personal, but informative. They don't have to have a good response. I often don't have a ready one for the comments people make to me:)